Here's How To Complete Volume Set Twice As Fast
Work with Layers
Working with layers will speed up your work and also give you a much fuller and completed look. On average a client has three to five layers of lashes on the lash line. Separating the layers and working on them each in turn will save time on isolating the lashes.
- Begin with your usual Pretreatment routine.
- Follow up with taking a piece of micropore tape long enough to cover all of the lashes on the eyelid, detack the tape on the back of your hand and pull the lashes back gently. Fix the ends of the tape to the eyelid.
- Taking a pair of Isolation Tweezers, gently pull the bottom layer of lashes out from under the tape.
- Begin lashing those lashes.
- Once you have covered this layer, gently tape the layer down to the eyepatch. This is more of a 'holding down' of the lashes trick, so the tape should only be stuck down to the ends to prevent the tape from pulling out any of the fans when you remove the tape.
- And repeat. Continue this process until all of the layers are covered in lashes. Carefully remove the tape, brush through the lashes and you're done.
Use Easy Fanning Lashes!
Easy Fanning Lashes are just that - lashes that fan easily. Just grip them with a pair of tweezers, pull them off the strip and they will pop open into the perfect fan. You've save so much time from fanning individual lashes.
'How do they work?'
'How do you map with Easy Fanning Lashes?'
Mapping Easy Fanning Lashes may seem a little daunting because of the different lengths of lashes on every strip. This is precisely what gives them that signature spiky and wispy finish. But have no fear when it comes to mapping, it's straight forward. Simply pick the middle length and map based on that. For Example - 7, 8, 9; 8, 9, 10; 9, 10, 11 - and so on.
Use Pre-made Fans
Your regular client comes in for their infill three weeks after their initial treatment and as soon as you look at their lashes, you see two little fans on each eye hanging on for dear life. How do you fix this as an infill appointment? Well, keep a couple of trays of Premade Fans and cover those naked lashes in no time.
The London Lash Premade Fans are heat bonded. There is no danger of there being any extra glue and retention time will be just as good as when you hand crafted your fans from individual lashes. To the client, the effect is exactly the same and your speed will impress them.
Booster is like a miracle worker - apply a little bit to the lashes and you will notice the fans will stick to the natural lashes like magnets to a fridge.
'How does it work?'
Booster is an alkaline pH product. This means that when it is applied to lashes it forces the cuticles to 'open up' ever so slightly, therefore it gives the glue more surface are to grab onto. No matter what lash extension you're using, handmade or premade fans, this product will work its magic.
Top Tip - Applying Booster to the strip of lashes themselves prevents the glue from travelling up the base of the lash and closing your fan or creating future stickies. This is also a great time saver. NOTE - This should not be used on Easy Fanning Lashes as they have more glue on the base to keep the two layers of lashes together.